Leaptest Studio use port 9000 as default port to communicate with Controller using its REST API, and will check if this port is available during installation.
"Port 9000 is already in use” message is shown due to below reasons.
- Earlier version of Leaptest is using port 9000
- Another Program/application is using port 9000
The above mentioned issue can be resolved in following ways:
- If earlier version of Leaptest is using port 9000, then the easiest way to do this is to uninstall Leaptest and then re-install. To uninstall Leaptest, do the following:
- Open a run box by pressing Windows + R.
- Enter “Control Panel” and press ENTER.
- Select “Programs – Uninstall a program” and find Leaptest in the list of installed programs.
- Right-click LEAPTEST and select Uninstall.
- Post uninstall try installing latest version of Leaptest
- In case another application is using port 9000: Try installing latest version of Leaptest and update the port number to the new value during the installation (e.g. Update Automation Controller port to 9001 as shown below)
If the issue continues, please contact our Priority Support.