Port 6777 is the default port of communication between Leaptest Controller and Agent(s). Some of the possible reasons for this error are:
- Leaptest Agent service is not installed or Leaptest Agent service is stopped.
- The internal firewall blocks the connection on port 6777 between Leaptest Controller and the Agent.
- Leaptest Agent server is down
Please follow these steps to fix this issue.
- Check if the Leaptest Agent service is installed and running on the machine that Studio attempts to contact.
- Open a “Run” window by pressing the keys
- Type “services.msc” and click “OK”
- Find “Leaptest Agent” in the list of services
- Agent Service not Installed: If you can’t find “Leaptest Agent” in the list of services, it means that agent service is not installed on the machine. You can install Leaptest Agent by downloading it from https://leaptest.com/downloads. Always ensure to have the same version of Leaptest installed everywhere: Studio, Controller and Agents.
- Agent Service Installed: If "Leaptest Agent" service is there then Right-click the service and click “Start” if it is not in the “Running” state. If it is already running, then click “Restart”.
- Check your firewall setting and try adding port 6777 in exception to allow Leaptest to communicate, in case you are not able to do it yourself, please have your operations team help you open the firewall or change the port using the Environment’s settings:
- Check Leaptest Agent server is running by pinging hostname, if it is down try starting it, else contact your IT department.
If this issue continues, please contact our Priority Support.